John W. Lemza, Ph.D.
- Ph.D., George Mason University 2014
- M.A., Virginia Commonwealth University 2005
- B.S., United States Military Academy at West Point 1976
John W. Lemza's current research projects include discovering methods to expand the traditional models of conducting oral history through interviews with military veterans, and exploring the post-1945 relationship between the American military and society.
- "The Big Picture: The Cold War on the Small Screen" (2021, University Press of Kansas) which explores the intersection of propaganda and policy through television
- "American Military Communities in West Germany: Life in the Cold War Badlands," 1945-1990 (2016, McFarland Publishers)
- Advisory Council member, Virginia Center on Aging sponsored by VCU
- President of the Board of Directors, Lifelong Learning Institute in Chesterfield County, a non-profit educational organization for community members 55+